Friday, November 21, 2008

Athena's First Adventure in the Snow

November 12, 2008

Hello All!
Just thought I would send some pic's out with a few updates. Athena made it up here just fine. She was a trooper! They slid the kennel down off the plane and as soon as she could see Shawn and heard our voices, all we could hear was the tail smacking the sides of the kennel. It doesn't appear that the move phased her much. Her biggest adjustment has been longer periods of time in the house with designated time for hikes. After today, I believe she was meant to be a hiking dog. She's getting me into shape.

We took her to Eagle Crest mountain to introduce her to snow. She donned her new jacket. She got out of the car and right into the snow....didn't think twice. She doesn't quite like the snow accumilation on the ball; it appears to be very cold on the tongue. LOL! We then proceeded over to Sandy Beach. I believe this is one of her favorite spots. I thought for sure she would avoid the cold water. The labrador in her says otherwise. The temperature has not phased her...she wants to play!!!! Next on the trip was Salmon Creek, which was today's hike. You might think of a nice rolling creek...NOT! It's a long steep incline followed by another steep incline, then it turns into the soft rolling hike. My calves were on fire by the time we hit the second incline. LOL! We found a little waterfall (they are everywhere) down a ravine so we went down to get her a drink.

On the moving front, we found out that after they offered him the position in Fairbanks the VP decided to re-distribute the territory including that position. We thought we were staying in Juneau but there is rumor that the Anchorage business position is opening up. I have quit trying to figure out if we are staying or going and just focus on where I am. :-) We are staying put in the house we are temporarily in until we know more. For those asking for our address; it is as follows:

1910 Glacier Ave
Juneau, AK 99801

I am looking into working for a bit. There is a sales option I am looking at but I'm taking my time to find the right fit. I've become accustom to being an outside sales rep; the thought of being confined to an office doesn't remotely sound appealing. We'll see what options open up for me. My car arrives sometime late next week. I cannot wait to be free once again.

Either way, I hope this finds everyone healthy, happy and getting ready for Thanksgiving. Time seems to have flown by this year.

Much love to everyone,
Bethany

PS - For those I haven't heard from yet.....drop me a quick note if you can.

1 comment:

Amy Ketchum said...

I am still so thrilled for you Bethany! What a great new adventure you are on! I am so happy that Athena is adjusting well also!
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Talk to you soon!
Love ya!