Friday, November 21, 2008

First Post from Juneau, Alaska

Date: Monday, October 27, 2008, 2:31 PM
Hello Everyone,
A few of you already got a quick update after the wedding but many of you I just got updated in my new computer. So if the first part is a repeat for you....keep reading.

As many of you know I got married on October 11th and well on October 12th moved to Juneau, Alaska. In the middle of this transition Shawn got asked if he was interested in a position up in Fairbanks, Alaska. That position is still waiting in the balance as to if and when that might happen. If many of you don't know, they say if you can make it through a winter in Fairbanks at -60 degrees that's when you can truly call yourself an Alaskan. LOL!

Either way we are here in beautiful Juneau for now. We flew into sunshine with a light mist and a beautiful double rainbow right by the house. The attached picture only captured one of them...but it's beautiful. I fly to SD this Wednesday to get my baby girl....yes my 4-legged baby, Athena. I've already taken the vets advice and bought her an outdoor jacket from REI to help her transition from the SD at recently 95 degrees to Juneau at roughly 31 degrees.

Which brings me to my next subject. We got our first snow this last Thursday night. I know you all say that the elation will go away and one day I'll be asking for sunshine. That may be true but for now, I'm tickled pink. It was absolutely gorgeous Thursday-Saturday. The sun was shining through the clouds and snow falling on the ground. Attached pictures we taken with cell phone cameras as we don't have cameras. Maybe our Christmas present to ourselves. As for snow that quickly turns to ice by the following rain. Shawn and I hit a patch on the way home.......is there an option to take the snow and leave the ice. LOL!!!! :-) Unfortunately, we had rain all day Sunday which melted the snow. I can't seem to figure out that when it warmer and raining it feels twice as cold as when it snows.

Shawn and I had our first snow fight. I got a shovel full down my back with no jacket on. I'll learn. :-) I didn't let him off lightly....There was a scoop down his back not shortly after. He seems to be putting up with my ability to still be excited with snow duties. Talk to me at the end of winter; maybe the excitement will have subsided.

The roughest part is that I'm still in transition. Can't set up a home as we are waiting for the call to either stay in Juneau or move to Fairbanks. Guess technically I've set up camp but not permanent residence yet!

I hope this finds everyone happy, healthy and blessed. I will try to keep everyone posted with updates. If you want off the list......just let me know.

Enjoy a few pic's.
Blessings,
Bethany Love-Woods
907-209-7760

PS - For those of you early birds, please note that I am 1 hour behind California. 6am cell phone calls have been a little rough. :-(

No comments: